Monday, March 15, 2010

The Hamster Wheel Spinning in My Head...

Today is nothing but hamster wheel spinning around in my head.  Hope you can keep up. 

The weekend was gloomy yet again but was full of some fun stuff with friends at the lake.  There was a birthday party for one of our friends that turned 72.  She is an absolute inspiration to everyone.  A few years ago she had cancer, actually I think a couple of times, different kinds, and then she had a stroke that affected her speech.  The speech thing is kind of cute, especially when she will ask about my wife, meaning my husband, cat for dog,etc.  She is an inspiration because she has survived with a smile on her face and a laugh that is healing.  The party was really enjoyable to celebrate her zest for life and beating a lot of odds.  I also got to visit with another friend who lost his partner very suddenly a couple of weeks ago after many, many years together.  He got pnemonia while on vacation and was just gone.  Just broke my heart.  It was nice to see A out and trying to move on with his life after such a tragedy.  That makes me think about my friend who is battling cervical cancer.  I feel so bad that I have not been able to be there for her when she has called to be her driver to her treatments but she has called at the last minute and I just couldn't make it happen.  That doesn't mean that I don't feel terribly guilty for not helping.  I decided that I would go buy a ton of cards and bombarde her with a card nearly every day for a month, so that is what I did.  I have a stack of cards ready to go out.  I have to do something but not sure what to do.  I would do food but she is doing complete organic everything and wierd stuff vitamin wise, etc.  Food might be an issue for her.  (Thinking out loud here....) I might send flowers later in the month.  I just feel worthless right now. 

Interruption.....

I knew this would happen when Daddy came home.  The constant phone calls about stuff he can't find is about to drive me crazy.  He can't find his riding lawn mower manuel, he can't find his last bank statement, he can't find his blender that he never used, he can't find the extra mini-chopper....EGADS!!!!!  Again, I thought I was ready for this but NOT!  We will get through this, we will get through this, we will get through this....

1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Your story about your Dad not finding anything reminds me about the constant calls my wife gets from her Mother who can't find anything either. And it has been a year!