Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just thought I would have time off!

This week has not gone according to plan and so my supposed time off didn't happen as planned.  It couldn't be helped as B has been sick and home so her spring break time off didn't happen like planned either.  I did go to workout this AM and then headed over to Daddy's, early to take him some more mail that keeps coming to my house.  It was still so early when I arrived, sun not up, that I sat in the driveway for about 10 minutes till I could tell if he was up.  Really that was silly as he gets up early to read the paper which if I had been paying attention would notice was not there, DUH!  It was a nice visit in which he then informed me he thinks he has a girlfriend!  WHAT!  Okay, okay, I'm pretty much fine with that idea but he's only been home for not quite two weeks.  Actually, he talked to her on the phone last night and talked about having dinner but he thinks he has a girlfriend.  Gosh, sounds like junior high thinking but if you think about it the last time he had a "date" was in high school, with Momma.  He really looks good and sounds good so I'm happy for him to try to move on. 

After the visit with him I headed back to Tulsa to the grocery for oatmeal for The Hubby who discovered that he was out this morning.  Puts a real kink in his day without his oatmeal.  Then to Walgreen's and to the post office before heading home for a day of painting and time AT home!  I was no sooner home and checking emails when I had one from B at the office.  I have to say that if I didn't mention it before we let a guy go a couple of weeks ago, I won't go into details.  Anyway, back to the story, I opened my email from B and found out that The Hubby was letting another go, actually fired.  The guy has been with us for about 17 years but lately he has been late consistently, doesn't call or even come in at all and then we can't contact him (company supplied phone).  There is a lot more but it apparantly came to a head this morning and of course I wasn't there and I probably need to be there to do a check or something so I'm now waiting for a call to come in.  ARGHHHHHH!  It really stinks and we have not had to do anything like that for many years.  Our guys like us and stay forever but when someone takes advantage sometimes you have to draw a line.  Sad thing but it is life as an employer.  Sucks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be odd having your dad date - I'm glad he's happy though. Good luck with the letting the guy go bit....

Debbie said...

I am sure that is difficult. But, you gotta take care of the business.