Saturday, February 20, 2010

Losses

This week has been a week of losses.  Not close people to me but people I know and like very much.  First is the loss of a friend and neighbor at the cabin retreat area.  He had gone on a vacation with his partner and came down with pnemonia suddenly about 8 or 9 days ago in Costa Rica.  They flew home and he spent several days on a ventilator (know how that is) but never recovered.  So very sad.  He was 61 years old and as I fast approach that age I find it very young.  Today I got the news on facebook that a guy, my age passed away.  He was much loved in his community and I was very fond of him.  His parents were friends of my parents and my mother used to watch his little girl.  He had lymphoma several years ago and had been in remission but it came back suddenly and took him too soon.  He was also in my father's Boy Scout troop and was good friends of my brother.  Just not good.  I also lost a classmate last week from cancer.  GOOD GRIEF!  I don't like this.  I actually bought a large fistfull of sympathy cards today.  That is just not right but I fear that is probably going to happen more often as I get older, AND I'M A YOUNG PERSON!!!!!  I know that my mother-in-law goes to funerals nearly every day, she's 81 years old.  I don't look forward to adding this part to my life you know!  Come on now lets have some good news now.  Bad, dreary weather and now this...Sun where are you.  Make me happy please. 

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I don't think we are too far apart in age. When I look back and look at the friends, coworkers, and relatives my age or younger that are gone it is sobering.

Janie B said...

I'm sorry for your losses. It's so hard to realize that we are now at "that" age when people we love are leaving us and we can see the end of our own lives approaching. I'm there, too.

lagirl/Sweet Tea said...

I find there are lots of great things about being a woman "of a certain age", but "loss" is not one of them. It hurts every time.
I'm sorry for your loss and hope tomorrow dawns sunny!

Cindy said...

I agree with lagirl/Sweet Tea.