Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pressure

Unlike BIlly Joel's popular song, I NEED pressure!!!   Since Saturday we have been battling the need for water pressure at the house.  Of course it wasn't a problem for me until Sunday when I came home from the cabin but now it is a problem.  Yesterday we were hoping it would be better and attributed it to the road construction around our neighborhood.  Getting ready for the work yesterday I opted to not shower since I had one the night before at the cabin but using the "facilities", well, that is a issue.  It takes at least 2-3 flushes to dispense let alone do a load of laundry or dishes.  My sink is quickly filling up and my laundry is to the point of overflowing.  Last night while getting dinner ready I went next door to see if the neighbors were having issues too, just to make sure it wasn't just us.  Indeed they all are in the same dry boat as we are.  The city water department told them there was a break and it would be 8 hours.  That was at 8:30 am.  The  neighbor across the street was told that it would be back at 8:30 p.m.  This morning The Hubby called the city and sat on hold for 30 minutes to find out that there were 3 breaks, unexpected and unrelated to the road construction.  They told him it would be 24 to 36 hours!!!!  WHAT!  I had to pack up my clothes from workout this morning and come to the shop and take a shower.  Not good.  I am getting very, very perturbed with the whole situation.  I put a roast in the crockpot this morning and it took me nearly 5 minutes to fill it with water.  NOT GOOD!  Enough is absolutely enough.  Let's get it together "city" and fix it ASAP.  I need to flush!!!!!

2 comments:

Janie B said...

Oh my goodness! How frustrating! Isn't it amazing how we get so used to things like water and electricity that we can barely live without them? I can't imagine living in one of those African countries where they have to walk miles just to get a bucket of dirty, germ-infested water. I hope yours is back soon.

Kay said...

Oh yikes! That's terrible! I'm so sorry. I know what a pain it is to do without water. We take it so much for granted until we don't have it quickly when we need it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the city repairs everything quickly.