Monday, September 01, 2008

Sept 1, 2008

Labor Day! Yup, that is today. Last night was a weird night sleep wise. Both of us woke up about 2:35 am to tinkle but The Hubby quickly fell back to sleep, as for me, not the case. I laid in bed with the fan less than 3 feet away, no covers, no clothes and sweated. I tossed and turned because I just couldn't get back to sleep. Rats! I hate nights like that. Finally, the last time I looked at the clock it was about 3:30 and then next thing I remember it was about 7:30. I had planned on hanging around all day and just read but I just wasn't in the mood today. I decided to pack it up and head to the house in town. I left The Hubby working on a project knowing he would be back a little later and then at the office for a little work while it was quiet. I have just enjoyed hanging out at the house with no television, blogging, doing my laundry, taking a shower and eating a little cup of chocolate ice cream. What a day. I think I like Labor Day, not the baby labor day although this month does bring that to mind. 29 years ago this month I was doing just that as B will be 29 on the 24th. I was exactly 3 weeks late with that little girl as I was with A and they were just perfect. My body knew what it was doing when then stayed in the little...huge oven for the extra days. With both girls my water broke and with B the labor was 6 hours and 9 with A. Really not bad even pain wise, but of course that was 29 years ago (23 with A) so memory does get a little hazy. Amazing what your mind goes to when you are bored and have absolutely NOTHING TO DO!

The drive home this morning was nice. I left the cabin about 9:30 am with my top down to enjoy the early morning air and it was a wonderful drive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the convertible top,, not YOUR top!! heehee. Have a good week!
*WestCoastie*