Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A Day of Shopping

Today I had to go to the office for a bit to run a few credit cards then it was off to the mall. My main objective was to go to Victoria's Secret for new bras. Do you know how long it has been since I have been able to get a regular bra, especially at VS. The last time I tried to buy a bra there over 20 years ago the girl looked at me and told me there was probably not anything in the store to fit me. I will say it was before I had the breast reduction and before I had lost close to 70 pounds. Today it was great fun and I bought five new bras, and they are the smallest size I have worn since I was in junior high. What a real thrill. I still can't get my big caboose in the underwear but in time I will. After the VS trip I wondered into Coldwater Creek and found a couple of blouses, a size 16 jean and slacks. 16!!!!!!! So very cool. A few years ago I was a size 26 so I've come a long way. I still do 18's occasionally and just depends on the jean/pant. I also had some time to kill waiting for a meeting this evening and wondered into Stein Mart and found a couple of purses and another really darling blouse. My poor little credit cards are screaming today but it was worth it. When I put the new acquisitions in the closet I took out just as many that I haven't worn in over a year. So has ended my day of shopping!

1 comment:

Idabel Oklahoma said...

COLDWATER CREEK! We love Coldwater Creek. If we ever win the lottery or some certain WTR finds a rich husband we're going to live at Coldwater Creek...their catalog is like geranimals for grown ups.