Monday, March 03, 2008

A little bugged

I'm just a little bugged by The Hubby. You see with this new energy I have to add the extra workout to my life has given The Hubby another chance to butt into "my life." I know he is my husband but give me a break. We live together and work together I need my own space and my own body is my own body. Today is the first time my walking program is going to meet. They told us that we will walk no matter what except ice and lightening. That's okay with me, even though I HATE the winter and snow and cold and guess what today is like here, YUCKY weather, cold and snow. The Hubby is concerned that I won't go to the walking gig and I looked at him like he was nuts. Of course I am going to. He thinks that because it is icky outside that I'm not going to follow through but I am and he needs to but out! He's so very excited that I'm upping my workout plan and not eating that he can hardly control his excitement. It's kind of pissing me off, not kind of it is! I know he wants to help but back off!

I feel better now...now some more news and I'm not sure how I'm dealing with it. I have written about my dear, dear friend Gail that passed away very suddenly at the age of 49 years old. Tomorrow will be 2 years since she has left the world as we know it. It has been very difficult on me and I am just now getting to the point of not crying when talking about her. I miss her tremendously. Anyway, her husband Kelly and The Hubby have been best friends since they were toddlers and The Hubby got the bright idea of fixing him up with one of their high school classmates. I have fought it for awhile as "I" was not ready for Kelly to move on in that regard even though I know he must. A few weeks ago we all went out to dinner and had a great time and ever since then their relationship has exploded. The Hubby is so happy he is grinning ear-to-ear most of the time. He thinks his buddy Kelly's thingy is going to fall off if he doesn't get "happy" soon so he is on a mission. (Men and what they think with, I mean.) Last night who should show up at our door but Kelly and Bev. I was glad to see them. They bounded into the house and she was absolutely giggling. They plopped down on the couch and were wrapped around each other like high school kids. I was very uncomfortable, very uncomfortable. We decided to go out to a quick dinner and after dinner they were holding hands under the table. After dinner we got into our car and I noticed they were in Kelly's car KISSING! OH MY GOD! I'm not ready for this. I am very happy for them but it is a little creepy for me. I'll get over it but ugh (shiver).

One other quick note...does anyone read this blog. Please let me know with a quick comment like "yes". I would like to know someone besides me reads this thing. I feel alone out in the world sometimes, just typing in thin air here. Pardon me I must be PMSing...I hope not though.

No comments: