Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Whole New Can of Worms-"Relative" Size

Yesterday The Hubby's sister-in-law (mine too) emailed a huge thing about "The Mark of the Beast" and I guess The Hubby had enough. The SIL is a huge religious person and The Hubby's brother has fallen in line with it even though in 32 years that I have been in the family he has only been to church the past 4 or 5 years. The Hubby email back to ALL that he didn't believe in it, that it already happened and that was his story and he was sticking to it! Now the rebuttal emails are coming in. He has opened a huge "relative" size can of worms.

My story:

When I was about 10 years old, my brother 8, we were at a girls house that was in my class just playing. She started in on us that we were going to hell because we didn't go to her church and we weren't baptized yet. Then the mother started in on us and the mark of the beast stuff. We started crying and ran home and then my mother got in on the act. She went off on that lady big time and then started damage control with us. We were terrified and I had nightmares for awhile about it. It definitely affected me most of my life.

I guess we will wait for all of the fallout from The Hubby's email. You never know. The BIL may start preaching at us and I will have to come down on him. This is why I keep my own personal beliefs mostly to myself as I believe or don't believe.

No comments: