Monday, February 25, 2008

A quiet weekend

Friday The Hubby and I soared off the the cabin for a little R&R. It was very quiet and chilly. A roaring fire in the fireplace and I was cozy with a good book and my journal. Saturday night we had the neighbors over for dinner and they tried to teach us bridge. That was funny for The Hubby. It brought back a lot of memories of my parents playing bridge with friends and Mom's bridge club. I liked it. We cooked T-bone steaks, salad, steamed broccoli and I made AWESOME sweet potates. I cubed sweet potates and tossed them lightly in olive oil, jalapeno salt and a touch of sugar and roasted them on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven till done and a little brown, which was carmelization of the jalapeno salt and sugar. YUM! Very good with the steak and broccoli. During the day I took a long walk to the boat ramp and even jogged a little ways back. I took a few pic's of our heaven on earth. Enjoy!




No comments: