Friday, June 22, 2007

Time is running short

I'm nervous. Yes I'm nervous and time is running short for my trek to my spa trip. I'm going on this little adventure by myself which is a big deal in itself. I've NEVER flown by myself before. I'm not afraid of flying (used to be) but I'm nervous about the security and finding my gate and getting my ticket printed...arghhhhh all of the stuff. This is because of 9-11 but is an old fear of authority I've always had. It was so intense when I was a child that I was terrified of getting into and kind of trouble to the point that I didn't. I never did anything wrong (except when I was a toddler). I'm a rule follower to the nth degree. My sister used to call me "Little Miss Goodie Two-Shoes" because I was always good. I can't help it. So I'm afraid to even go to the airport just in case I look at someone cross-eyed and make someone mad or do something wrong or ... oh my stomach. I don't know if I can make it through the weekend. My blood pressure is up because I'm on pins and needles but I'm also very excited for this trip. This is something I've wanted to do for over 10 years and I'm going to do it. By myself. A big step for me at 51 years old.

No comments: