Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of my friends and those other Mommies I don't know.

What a beautiful day this morning. I was up at 7 am which is late for me as I get up at 5 am to Jazzercise M-F. I fetched the Sunday paper, made my cold process coffee (Coffee Toddy http://www.toddycoffee.com/shop/product.php?productId=67) and plopped down in my wonderful backyard to read, drink and listen to the sounds of morning. A Carolina Wren was serenading me with his defeaning chortle filling the air. Finishing the paper I moved inside. Now I'm sitting in my special room, in my special chair with the sun streaming over the top of the white shutters tickling my pink painted toes with warmth. (I'm listening to a CD called Jazz after Dark -Playboy which I love.) Mother's Day. Yes it is. How many Mothers' Day's have I had as a mother. Hmmm...Let's see...27 to be exact. Yes the oldest is 27. Lots of those Mommy Days and I have loved everyone of them. Now the pitter-patter of little feet and whispers of little girls as they tried to fix a special breakfast are special memories of the past. This is however the first Mother's Day that I don't have a mother to do for but I do have a special Mother-in-Law that is very special to me so today I will remember my dear sweet Momma and spend time with the MIL and give her a hug and tell her I love her.

--------

No comments: